Electrical Properties of Light Emitting Diode Preparation From FTO/CdSe (MPA)/ZnO Artificial Atoms Emitting White Color
Objective: To design Light Emitting Diode (LED) based on artificial atoms quantum confinement effect using spin coating method and to study its electrical properties to determine emission wavelength and emit color of this LED.
Methods: This LED was prepared using spin coating and all layers were prepared by chemical method. By using Keitithley (28775) Current-voltage characteristic was carried out at room temperature in direct and reverse bias,C-Vcharacteristic measurements was carried out using RLC meter (6379) at 100 Hz Frequency. Tunneling conductance spectra was measured also using RLC meter.AC measurement (impedance spectra) was carried out using Gain Phase Analyzer (Schlumberger-SI1253). A complex impedance Spectrum was in a frequency range (1-20000HZ) and at constant voltage (V=5V).
Finding: FTO micro Slide with low resistance (10-13Ω) using hot spray, CdSe (MPA) was prepared using chemical method and ZnO was prepared using sol-gel method. I-V characteristic was used to determine ideal factor (which was 18) and reverse current (0.44 mA). C-V spectra shows multi high barrier in this structure due to quantum confinement effect. Electronic transition in tunneling conductance spectra are indicated with electronic transition in absorption and PL spectra. Impedance spectra confirm the quantum size effect in layers of LEDs and interpret white color emission.
Improvement: We can enhance performance of this LED by adding active layer of artificial atoms acting as hole transporting layer to increase emitting green and red color, which enhances the intensity of white color clearly.
- C.J. Stolle, T. B. Harvey, B. A. Korgel . Nano crystal photovoltaic a review of recent progress. Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering. 2013; 2(2), 160-167
- P.V. Kamat. Quantum dot solar cells the next big thing in photovoltaics. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters. 2013; 4(6), 908-918.
- M. Mohammadi, M. RezaeeRokn-Abadi, H. Arabshahi. Investigations on impact of post-heat temperature on structural,optical and electrical properties of al-doped ZNO thin films prepared by sol-gel method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2010; 3(2), 1-3.
- H. Zhang. Efficient cdse quantum dot-sensitized solar cells prepared by a post synthesis assembly approach. Chemical Communication.2012; 91, 11235-11237.
- R.K. Gujral, V. Damodaran, Kaustab Ghosh.A theoretical analysis of the dark current in quantum dot infrared photodetector using non- equilibrium greens function model. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016; 9(36).
- M.A. Batal, KaesarAlyamani. Optical properties of colloidal cdse/cds/zns/pvpqds core/shells embedded in fatty acid medium. Nano Science and Nanotechnology An Indian Journal. 2015; 9(1), 022-028.
- Z. L. Wang. Zinc oxide nanostructures growth properties and applications. Journal Physics Condense Matter. 2004; 16(25), 829–858.
- P.Gupta, M. Ramrakhiani. Influence of the particle size on the optical properties of cdse nano particles The Open Nano science Journal. 2009, 3, 15-19.
- U. Woggon. Optical properties of semiconductor quantum dots. Springer. Berlin.1997, 136.
- S.M. Sze. Physics of semiconductor devices. John Wiley andSons.1981.
- M.A.Batal, K. Alyamani. Study the structural and electrical properties of cdse nanoparticles. Material Science AnIndian Journal. 2015; 12(11), 400-405.
- AlirezaRezvani, MaziarIzadbakhsh, Majid Gandomkar, Saeed Vafaei. Investigation of ann-ga and modified perturb and observe mppt techniques for photovoltaic system in the grid connected mode. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1), 87-95.
- JianjunTian, XuanhuiQu, QifengZhang, ShengenZhang, EvanUchaker, ZhiqiangLiang, Guoz, H.C. RuiGao.Constructing ZNOnano rod array photo electrodes for highly efficient quantum dot sensitized solar cells. Journal Material Chemistry. 2013; 1(23), 6770-6775.
- Y.H. Kim, Y.M. Kim, H.S. Yoon. Development of led module based on adjustable ac line direct smps. Indian Journal of Science andTechnology.2015; 8(15), 1-4.
- There are currently no refbacks.