Spectroscopic Study of FTO/CdSe (MPA)/ZnO Artificial Atoms Emitting White Color
Objective: To design Light Emitting Diode (LED) based on artificial atoms using spin coating method and to study its optical spectroscopy to determine emission wavelength and emitted color of this LED.
Methods: By using UV-spectrometer, absorption spectra were measured. Photo luminescence spectra were carried out using spectrophotometer (Hitachi-FL250) at room temperature. To determine electronic transition responsible of PL peaks, we analyzed PL spectra using Gaussian profile broading line method using Mathcad program.
Finding: The range of absorption wavelength was found (350-550 nm). PL spectra contain four peaks (350-400-500-550 nm) that mean this LED emits white color depending on theory of maxing color. Intensity of blue and yellow peak colors was higher than red and green peak colors. Gaussian analysis reveals that all theoretical electronic transitions and this structure of quantum confinement semiconductor emit white color. By varying the thickness of layers, the order of wavelengths can be changed to emit a single color of visible spectrum. This project can reduce energy consumption in the world by the produce of LED based on Quantum dots.
Improvement: We can enhance performance of this LED by adding active layer of artificial atoms that emit green and red color to make intensity of white color.
- P.Phukan, D. Saikia.Optical and structural investigation of cdse quantum dots dispersed in pva matrix and photovoltaic applications. International Journal of Photoenergy.2013, 2013, 6.
- N. Chouhan,W. S. Chang,C. L. Yeh, S. F. Hu, K. H. Chen,J. H. Huang,C. W. Tsai, R. S. Liu. Array of cdseqd-sensitized znonanorods serves as photoanode for water splitting. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. 2010; 157(10), 1430-1433.
- C. Smith, D. Binks.Multiple exciton generation in colloidal nanocrystals. Nano materials. 2014; 4(1), 19-45.
- Y. H. Kim, Y.M. Kim, H.S. Yoon. Development of LED Module based on Adjustable AC Line Direct SMPS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(15), 1-4.
- Chia-Lung Tsai, Wei-Che Wu. Effects of asymmetric quantum wells on the structural andoptical properties of ingan-based light-emitting diodes. Materials. 2014; 7(5), 3758-3771.
- Hui-ChulJu, Yeon-SerkYu. A study on blue light cut-off filter for white light led. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(24), 1-6.
- GowrishankarKasilingam, MrithaRamalingam, Chandra Sekar. A survey of Light Emitting Diode (LED) display board. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(2), 185-88.
- Yeon-Bo Kim, Jae-Jung Yun. A simple short detection and current regulation circuit for led driving circuit. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(17), 1-4.
- M.AnwarBatal, K. Al-yamani. Optical properties of colloidal cdse/cds/zns/pvpqds core/shells embedded in fatty acid medium. Nano Science and Nano Technology Indian Journal. 2015; 9(1), 1-7.
- Z. Lin Wang. Zinc oxide nanostructures growth properties and applications. Journal of PhysicsCondense Matter. 2004; 16(25), 829–858.
- P. Gupta and M. Ramrakhiani. Influence of the particle size on the optical properties of cdse nanoparticles. The Open Nanoscience Journal. 2009, 3, 15-19.
- U. Woggon.Optical properties of semiconductor quantum dots. Springer.Berlin.1997, 136.
- There are currently no refbacks.